Friday, July 4, 2014

I don’t play with the Northern female act – Uzee Concept






Usman A. Adeyemi ( Nollywood/Kannywood) Actor/Producer is unarguably one of the Best Producers from the North. He produces both Nollywood and Kannywood Movies and also combines both in one piece like Oga Abuja, highly anticipated MAJA, and now Hassana da Ussaina.

Usman agreed to an interview with Kannywood Exclusives Umar IBN. This is what he has to Say.

KannywoodEx: How did you got into the world of movie production?

Uzee Usman: Hmmmmmmm. Started 2003, Started as a makeup artist in Nollywood. I studied make up and special effect in South Africa, a 1 year course. Then I came down and started makeup full time. Did some big movie as a makeup artist which won me few awards. Like London boy which I use to win best makeup act AMAA awards 2007-2008. Then I started producing. I produced my 1st film titled Under and Underproject which I shoot in Ghana, B4 I said it's time for me to come back to where I came from and give my people some, and be part of the revolution of the industry in the North so that our voice can be heard globally? Because I was born and brought up in Kaduna, did all my schools in Kaduna both primary and secondary. I have 2 degrees, 1 in UNIJOS English 2nd in UNIABUJA with Political science so I came down to work in Kannywood. my 1st was Wata shariar with Jim-iyke. B4 I now meet Abba Miko Yakasai my now partner. We set with him to look on how to make the Local industry of ours international and more of national. And the only way we can achieve that is to keep merging Nollywood n kannywood proper. Thats how Oga-Abuja came in then after that we keep it going by shooting 1 merging movie and 1 normal kannywood movie. From Oga-Abuja we did Mai Farin Jini then MAJA then Har Da Mijina then Hassana da Ussaina.

KannywoodEx: How do you convince Nollywood stars to agree to a movie where they will have to speak Hausa?



Uzee Usman: It's more of relationship then script comes in. We do scripts that suits there kind of persons

KannywoodEx: What are the challenges you faced as a producer?

Uzee Usman: The major one is how to merge them together, Cause of pride And co. Most of the Northern act get intimidated easily except the big once like Ibro, Ali, Sani, Yaks, & Adam. They are the only ones who can work freely with most of this Nollywood act and work go go fine.

KannywoodEx: Which among your movies do you like the most?

Uzee Usman: MAJA. But I love all my movies O

KannywoodEx: MAJA seems to be a big success?

Uzee Usman: Yes O, Oga Abuja is. But MAJA is more mature and classic and have an international advantage. Thats why MAJA has been shortlisted for the Island film festival 2014, 1st of October. And will contest for best African film for Peace @ the awards in the festival, so u see why special it abi. Same movie got 4 nominations @ NEA 1st time Hausa film is entering NEA remember. And same movie won 3 awards @ city people entertainment awards. When Ali got nominated @ NEA its with an English movie 4 best supporting role he plays.

KannywoodEx: How would you rate the Kannywood Movies against Nollywood Movies?

Uzee Usman: Nollywood 60% especially the new Nollywood. Kannywood 40% especially the new kannywood

KannywoodEx: How will you compare Kannywood to Nollywood, especially in terms of salaries and Marketing?

Uzee Usman: Almost same, but marketing Nollywood is bigger, but it all depends. There are movies now in the North that do sell more than some in Nollywood

KannywoodEx: As a movie Producer do female artistes try to lure you with amorous advances?

Uzee Usman: Sure they should and they are. But it's all depends on me, so me I do everything possible to make sure I respect my matrimonial age. And if u ask about me very well I dont play with the Northern female act that much cause of the culture and religion, you need to be careful cause of adawa? LOL

KannywoodEx: What do you think needs to be done to improve the Kannywood movie industry?

Uzee Usman: Piracy. Government just needs to come in and do all it can, to help us drive away piracy. And trust me in 5 years to come we will write our name in global movies. And we need more education in aspect of our profession, then watch us grow darling, Watch us brake all the records, and watch us become one of the sector of massive employment in Nigeria.

KannywoodEx: Apart from producing movies what do you do?

Uzee Usman: Tailoring and Fashion design

KannywoodEx: Before we go, can u tell us your relationship with Abba Miko Yakasai

Uzee Usman: Ahahhahahahahahh,  Abba miko yakassai is one of my best friends in kannywood. He is my partner in business, and he is one of the people that believe in me when I came into kannywood?

KannywoodEx: Finally whats your advice to young people who want to go into the entertainment industry both as artistes and as a Producer?

Uzee Usman: They should be focused, determined, Respectful, Prayerful, and believe in their self. And always know where they can fit in d industry? If na acting they should focus on it 100%, if na producing make them focus on that, And go for training because mai koyo Baya bata ba

KannywoodEx: Thank u for sharing your time. We hope to see MAJA comes with the NEA.

Uzee Usman: Ameen o, U are welcome.

You can cast your vote for MAJA by following this Links.
http://www.neaawards.com/best-picture/
You can read the full Profile of Uzee Concept by following This Post
Uzee concept Has a web page www.uzeeconcept.com and Twitter Handle @uzeeusman.
This are some of the Movies from Uzee Concept









No comments:

Post a Comment