Saturday, April 12, 2014

Why I dumped Kannywood for music, Zee Zee


Zee Zee, as she is popularly called, said she decided to quit the Hausa film industry as a result of the Hiyana scandal. It will be recalled that some years back, one of the Hausa film actresses, Maryam Hiyana found herself in a sex scandal where a video clip was circulated specifically through phones. That led to the unending crisis between the Kano State Censorship Board and the filmmakers. The board at a point banned production of Hausa films in the state and the subsequent lift of the ban led to why the censorship board had to put in place measures regulating filmmaking in the state. As a result of this, so many filmmakers abandon the career while others relocated to other states they considered more conducive for their esteemed career.
“I decided to put a stop to acting in Kannywood because of the Hiyana saga which drew lots of attention from all parts of the world. That actually gave a different impression of filmmakers to the extent that we were resented in the society, our films from then became unpopular and anywhere we went, people looked down on us and the government also suspended filmmaking in the state and later came up with stringent rules and regulations guiding the practice, that is why I decided to give up and pursue a career elsewhere. So far, I have worked with anumber of artists among whom are Timaya, Jonah the monarch, Duncan Migthy”, said Zee Zee.
  She further stated, “I had always wanted to be an artist and that was why I found my way to music industry. Mind you, it is the English music industry which I find highly interesting with bountiful opportunities, lots of exposure and fame. In fact, I am even regretting not opting for music right from the beginning, but all the same, it is still not late and I thank God for the inspiration and talent”.
On her relationship with Timaya, Zee Zee maintains that it is not a secret as she is promising the release of her master piece album in the very near future and then those doubting her relationship with him will definitely come to terms with the reality.
“My love relationship with Timaya is no secret and if anyone doubts it, in the very near future, I will release my master piece album and with that, I am sure everyone will be relieved of the doubt of my relationship with him. He has been very loving, caring and supportive to me and I will forever remain grateful to him”, she insisted
You might be surprised to know that not just Timaya, this actress is into a relationship with other musicians she has worked with. “I am having an affair with him and others whom I have worked with, people like Jonah the Monarch and Duncan, but my relationship with Timaya is more intimate and widely known”,  Zee Zee said.
Explaining why she is having multiple relationships with people of the same career, she said, “I am still single and therefore free to have as many boyfriends as I want. So, I see nothing wrong in it. My relationship with them all started on the bases of business, but one thing I am very sure of is that if I decide to marry any of them today, he will convert to Islam”.
Despite her multiple relationships with artists in the music industry, Zee Zee was recently involved in a multimillionaire scam with her Dubai lover, Abdullahi Adamu Usman. She was accused of breach of trust, despite the millions of Naira and fleet of cars he eportedly presented to her as love gifts when the going was good.
She was arrested and detained some weeks ago by men of the Zone 1 Police headquarters in Kano where she was accused. Her Dubai lover was said to have told the police that all he wanted was for her to return all that he had given her during their courtship.
Sunday Trust learnt that while the relationship lasted, Usman took over her upkeeps apart from the expensive and unusual gifts he had been showering on her. Within one year of their relationship,  he had given her five cars valued for over N11 million remitted for her upkeep and also bought her a house at Masallacin Murtala at Hausawa quarters in Kano city with the hope that they were going to get married. Usman’s claims at the police station, a source said, amounted to over N20m.
According to the source, “all these he was doing with the hope and belief that she was going to marry him and instead of us receiving invitation cards for the wedding initially scheduled for the end of this year, all we heard was the scandal which emanated from her refusal to carry on with the marriage plan”.
When asked to comment on the recent police intervention in her affair with Usman, Zee Zee confirmed the story, saying that he seized the five cars he had given her, detained her in police custody for three days on the bases of his claims for the money he spent on her, but that she was later released and given all the cars he seized from her.
In her words, “it is quite true that I was detained by the police on the basis of the fact that Usman   who was my fiancĂ© claimed that I paid back all he spent on me and the cars he gave me as gifts during my relationship with him. But I don’t have any regret, at least I have nothing to lose, he has returned the cars to me and I did not give back a penny”.
On why she decided to quit the relationship, Zee Zee said that her decision followed her father’s condemnation of the man she proposed to marry and therefore has no option but to quit.
“There is just no two-way about it, I was truly in love with him and it is also true that he spent a lot on me. Notwithstanding, my father has opposed to our marriage plan. Therefore, I am no longer interested in marrying him. What I want people to understand is that I had a number of cars even before he gave me the cars he was claiming. I already had five cars before meeting him. So what is the big deal in him giving cars as love gifts?” she queried.
On how she met this multimillionaire boyfriend, Zee Zee explained that it all started when he watched her films and picked interest in knowing her better.
“Actually it was God that destined my meeting with Usman. It all happened when he watched my films and got interested in making acquaintance with me. As you, when one is interested in something, one will do all that it takes to get it. He somehow struggled to get my number and he started calling me and thereafter,  we arranged to meet and fortunately, we appreciated each other so much that we went hot and decided to get married by the end of this year, but as fate would have it, it just wouldn’t work and this is simply because my father found out some things about him which was why he said he could not allow me to marry him. Therefore, I will have nothing to do with him anymore”, she said. 
Source: Sunday trust

No comments:

Post a Comment